onsdag 22 oktober 2014

HERMAN'S HERMITS CTX 40408 (-67) MONO FRANCE

French only issue. Apart from "Je Suis Anglais" all cuts had been on '45 A-sides in UK and/or US between 1964-67. Of the vinyl compilations I've seen with the group this is by far the one with the greatest hits. A few is missing, but I guess fourteen tracks was the limit. I get my HH favorites for sure - " A Must To Avoid", "No Milk Today", "Henry 8th", "Mrs Brown", "Just A Little Bit Better", "There's A Kind Of Hush" and "I'm Into Something Good". Happy and simple melodic pop songs that don't try to solve the worlds problems or improve humanity, but if you're down they could make you feel - just a little bit better. Together with the Swedish Columbia/HMV compilation it has about everything I need by the band. All cuts are original mono and the audio a-ok. First (only?) issue had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover with French discography on rear. (PÖP*) (MFÄX*) (HÄHX*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar