lördag 20 februari 2021

THE BEACH BOYS/SUMMER DAYS (AND SUMMER NIGHTS !!) ST 2354 (-66) UK STEREO

 


 I really like their "Today" album (see earlier post) and this, issued just three or so months later, keeps on delivering goodies. A bunch of classic songs -  "Then I Kissed Her",  "Help Me Ronda" (here the 45 version), "California Girls" and "You're So Good To Me" - coupled with playful tracks like "The Girl From New York City", "Amusement Parks U.S.A." and "I'm Bugged At My Ol' Man". The a-capella "And Your Dreams Come True" is beautiful and "Let Him Run Wild" has some of the build-up and atmosphere that later would hit the world with "Pet Sounds". In my world a top album.  The only bummer is I haven't been able to locate a mono in any of the local bins and after searching for a long time I finally gave up and bought this "duophonic" stereo - i.e. faked in a way so you get most of the treble in one speaker and most of the darker parts in the other...and connecting the channels makes it sound even worse.  Though in this case the "stereo" isn't a total disaster. As long as I dont use the listening chair and just hear it from another room or as background it can still make me happy. But I will continue my search for a mono.  Issued and reissued on every possible format all around the world through the years.  Premiere US 1965 vinyl (Capitol T/DT 2354). Japan 2016 remastered CD (Capitol UICY-25594) came with three bonus tracks.  This UK was for some reason released a year after US. It came with label as shown here with logo to the left in a laminated flip/back cover.  (BÅB*)

                                                                                  
                                                                           
                                                                                  


    

                                                                                     


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar