onsdag 18 april 2012

QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE T 2904 (-68) UK MONO

US classic and one of the best debutes ever. Of all they did I like this best, especially the mono - having a darker atmosphere that goes well with the sharp guitar licks. It sounds legit and some of the tracks really lifts off. Whole of side 2 has a steadier ground and Cipollinas guitar is clearer and more in the foreground. A US Capitol mono was prepared. It remains unissued in America, but acetates exist. Don't know if that mix was sent to England for this release or they used a fold down. In any case it's a good one and well worth a spin. First press with label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (YMÖ*)

6 kommentarer:

  1. Short songs are very fine but two long tracks are masterpiece! Guitar work at its best.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree fully - "The Fool" is a killer.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Yes!! Beautiful combination of psychedelic atmosphere with the romantic tune. I love the way how they used violin in this number.

    SvaraRadera
  4. And Cipollina's guitar...very distinctive.


    SvaraRadera
  5. That record was a killer... I have heard rips of the UK mono, but never seen a copy as I am in the US. What a band!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. A killer it was...yes sir. This mono is some kind of fold, but still worth contemplating as it sounds great. Check this for more https://monolover.blogspot.com/2026/01/quicksilver-messenger-service-uk-mono-t.html

      Radera