tisdag 17 april 2012

CILLA BLACK/SURROUND YOURSELF WITH CILLA PMC 7079 (-69) UK MONO

To my ears not much different from her three earlier UK albums, larger part well produced and arranged British pop with a slight soul influence. What I find most interesting with it is the mix. A separately mixed true mono album this late is very unusual, but it sure sounds like that to me and if so apparently producer George Martin thought it was needed (I will be back to confirm either way asa I find a 1st press stereo). In UK at the time there was still some demand for mono, pro artists in the "easy listening" genre, or those appealing to a somewhat older audience. Released in autumn -69 it's one of the last (or maybe final) double issue on Parlophone. (YMÖ*)(FÄV*) (PÖX*) (CÄLÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar