torsdag 19 april 2012

MOODY BLUES/ON THE THRESHOLD OF A DREAM DML 1035 (-69) UK MONO

My Moody Blues favorite. Has it all - lovely melodies, groovy lyrics, top production and a fantastic sound. It's art, romance and psych all at once. I have read at various places on the net that it's a fold down wich surprises me a lot. It sounds true mono all the way and provides a much more enjoyable listening than the stereo due to balance and power. So I don't care about the origin - this is how I want it. Early press had large label as shown here and a laminated f/o cover with lyric booklet. (MBÅL*)(DÄRR*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Can this still be downloaded? The 50th anniversary has all 5 songs released as Deram mono 45s on it. I have heard and compared them with the stereo counterparts and I do not think they are fold-downs.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Sorry David, this page has no downloads. Interesting about the mono 45's. Never had any of those, but if they were treated differently there's a chance those versions are on the mono. Now I have to find a UK 1st stereo and compare once and for all.

      Radera