torsdag 19 april 2012

ELECTRIC PRUNES/MASS IN F MINOR RLP 6275 (-68) UK MONO

This is so out there I absolutely adore it. The catholic mass, step by step, performed as psych garage with howling guitars, up-tempo drums and monk-like vocals. It's a smashing idea and they do it so well - not by being careful or honouring the religious content, and not by blasphemy - they just do it their way. This UK mono sounds like a dream, couldn't be better. Perfectly natural, clear and big with all elements miles apart. Exactly how it should be. Don't know if a US stock mono exists, but this certainly don't sound like a fold. My guess is it's from a US mono mix and a US stock mono is out there somewhere. First UK with label as shown here, heavy unflexible vinyl and laminated flip/back cover. (YMÖ*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. I cannot find any evidence to suggest that a US mono stock copy exists, only a white label promo (WLP), which would almost certainly be a folddown since it was for non-commercial purposes only.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I have seen US monos for sale twice that I can remember. But I already had this so I didn´t check twice. If this is a reduction, stereo tapes had to be bloody perfect for that. Focus and balance are tops as are separation and clarity. If there were no stock release, maybe this is a boosted promo.

    SvaraRadera