fredag 20 april 2012

JOE COCKER/WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS LRZ 1006 (-69) UK MONO

The last mono issue on UK Regal Zonophone. Planned for release spring -69, but trouble with the recording delayed it to July same year, two months after "Unicorn" (LRZ 1007). One of my absolute fav monos. Superior audio - big, bold, yet clear with that wonderful voice in focus. It's a killer. "Marjorine" is the 45' mix, while the stereo (SLRZ 1006) has a re-channeled version. I know this mono doesn't show up often, but should you ever get a chance - take it! I promise it will blow your mind. First US on A&M (SP-4182). UK press with label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. It had many re-issues on CD, some re-mastered, but I can't find this mono on any of them. (Late addition. Since I wrote this I've also found a UK stereo and made a comparison between the two. Check that here - https://monolover.blogspot.com/2017/03/joe-cockerwith-little-help-from-my.html ) (RÄZ*)(YMÖ*) (JÖC*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Great LP. It´s a pity You don't have needledrops.

    SvaraRadera
  2. If You mean provide samples of music and mixes - don't have the equipment yet, but maybe in the future.

    SvaraRadera