torsdag 4 mars 2021

THE BEATLES/SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND PMC 7027 (-67) UK MONO





 Can't have a vinyl page without this UK mono. Today as much an icon as an LP. Every aspect of it has been disected down to smallest particles, there are many mono-stereo comparisons with attached opinions on the net, all variations of early UK issues frequently mentioned, so it's hard to find something new to write. Maybe I just settle with one of the songs. Cause even if I heard it through countless times there's one song that still can give me goosebumps if I'm in the mood - "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".  To me the blend of Lennons psychedelic verses and McCartney's homely refrain works perfect.  Getting in deep I'm thrown between cool adventure and warm hugs in a way that always touches me.  First it was said to have been all about a drawing by Lennon's son Julian, an explanation already from the beginning doubted by many, including me, as the initials of  Lucy, Sky and Diamonds could be interpreted as LSD and Lennon was known to be on acid at time for recording. Julian's  piece of art may have been a brainwave, but getting the full picture by lyrics and music together the message is hardly entirely from a child's drawing.  Also Paul McCartney admitted in a 2004 interview that it obviously was about drugs.  But whatever the background I find it as gripping today as I did fiftythree years or so ago and will certainly carry it high till I die.  Don't think the copy shown here was from the absolutely first batch, but as is has the -1/-1 matrixes, the fully laminated fold/out cover with flips inside, the picture insert and flaming inner probably rather early.  (BÄ*)  (LGÅ)  (PÖX*) 

                                                                                   
                                                                                  
                                                                                     
                                                                                 
                                                                              


    









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar