torsdag 24 maj 2018

GRIMMS HELP11 (-73) UK

To be perfectly honest I didn't pick this from the bin for the music, but because I among other things try to collect the UK Island black label issues. On the paper everything here is just dandy. Members of Scaffold, Liverpool Scene and Bonzo Dog in company with Michael Giles (Giles, Giles & Fripp, King Crimson) and the then ever present Zoot Money, getting together for two live preformances. Lots of skill and wits collected in one place. But sadly there's not much music involved. Larger part consists of poetry reading and sometimes funny monologues, either a-capella or with sparse accompaniment. Have to say I don't get much of it. It may be the poems and puns are so tied to time and place they don't reach me, or I just try to sit through waiting for some music to appear. I do like the rather cool jazzy version of Bonzo's "Humanoid Boogie" and the mock soul final is ok in a kindly off kind of way, but that's it for me. Japan 2009 numbered CD (Island UICY-94112) as a "mini-LP" with a twentyfour page booklet. Premiere UK had label as shown here and matt cover with black inner. (HÄLX*) (LYBÖ*) (BÖGÄ*) (MÖK*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar