fredag 4 maj 2018

RCA RECORDS ARTISTS AND REPERTOIRE PRESENTATION/ LONDON, OCTOBER 2, 1975 INN ON THE PARK DJL-2 1301 (-75) US MONO PROMO

Probably the most complicated title for a sampler ever...I know, but it can be sorted out. As I understand pressed for and handed out at one occation only - a meeting at the London hotel "Inn On The Park" given date. Not sure who attended, but guess PR people, selected DJ:s and maybe some artist. If anyone reading this knows more about this happening, please comment and tell. A 2xLP set containing one cut each by twentytwo different acts. Musically a rather mainstream blend of pop songs giving a smooth and friendly impression. Not all my cup of tea though as a whole a fine sign of those times providing a good mood background. What excites me about it is all cuts are mixed for radio play in more or less mono. A couple may come through somewhat wider when played in stereo, but the balance remains so mono it is. The audio is next to perfect - big and strong, yet soft, designed to come out best possible way whatever radio equipment may have been used at the time. Listening today on a modern reproduction system I'm blown away. Even if not the songs I usually long to listen to I wanna do it anyway...just because of the audio. Since originally released for just one occation I guess never reissued in any shape. It came with labels as shown here on colored vinyl - one red, one blue - in a very thick structured fold/out cover. (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*) (ÖRJ*) (SÄM*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. I have this album! If you have more info, please let me know. actineke@gmail.com

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Got no more on this. What I wrote is all I know. But it is a fun item...piece of art in itself.

      Radera