måndag 1 juli 2019

THE STOOGES 42.032 (-69/-72) FRANCE

Hearing this today and checking how it's received now and comparing to what I thought and the way it was handeled publically then make me ponder about how the escape of time and changing public tastes can totally transform an album. Even if the same object, when the surroundings change doesn't that also affect our anticipation and thereby the object for us. Bought my first copy early seventies and was blown away. Hadn't heard anything like it before. Rock'n'roll in its most simple and direct shape. Almost purile but loud with tons of energy it spoke to my most primitive parts and made me howl inside. At the same time it was met with mixed reviews and not a big seller - just out of top 100 on Billboard and soon vanished from the shop's shelfs. Today it's regarded an all time classic and situated on many posh all time best lists. It's been reissued on about every possible format with various more or less consistent bonuses and frequently written about and analyzed. So spinning it now I might not hear anything near its original intention - instead something publically approved, a "rock'n'roll classic" and/or a "pre-punk masterpiece". I still hear a tophole garage rock album, but not that unique or obscure anymore and even if I dig it a lot my inside howl is gone. Premiere US on red Electra (EKS 74051). 1969 releases also in Canada and a couple of European countries. French original came on Electra gold (SLVLXEK 415). This second press, which btw has awesome audio - loud, clear and natural - had label as shown here and thin glossy cover. (MFÄX*) (ÖGÄ*) (ÅGGÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar