måndag 21 december 2020

JOSÉ FELICIANO LSP-4421 (-70) GERMANY

 


 Every Christmas I choose an LP that will take me through the holidays.  This one was new to me when I spotted it in a bin a while ago, but thought I'd give it a try.  José Feliciano is a very skilled guitarist with a heartfelt voice and "Felice Navidad" still one of the most played modern Christmas hymns so it should fit. And it does...in a way. Twelve seasonal songs, whereof six vocal, performed with latin sentiment and embedded in Hollywood strings.  You can almost hear it as an orchestral celebration to Christmas with Feliciano as guest star.  To my ears he does best almost naked and not dressed in sweet sugar, but 'tis the season to be cloying so here that suit actually fits.  "Felice Navidad" always good regardless of backings and the rest sentimental and heartwarming enough to put me in the right mood.  Released on vinyl pretty much all over the world in the seventies, but to my knowledge not in UK.  Premiere US on RCA Victor (LSP 4421). US 2002 CD on RCA/BMG (07836 65130 2) came with three previously unreleased bonus tracks. First German had label as shown here in a fully laminated cover.  (GÖXÄ*) (CXÅ*)

                                                                                 
                                                                               



 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar