lördag 6 november 2021

THE DOORS/WAITING FOR THE SUN US STEREO EKS 74024 VS. UK MONO EKL 4024

 

                                                                                    


 Ever since I picked up the UK mono I've been curious to know if that had any different mixes, or just was a stone cold fold.  Apparently the US mono has at least two cuts that was mixed in mono - "Yes The River Knows" and "Wintertime Love". For a long time I've tried to find a US mono or original UK stereo fitting my wallet for comparison, but it's been impossible. So now I'm doing it with an original (Allentown press) US stereo instead,  connecting the channels with a mono button to mimick a fold. And sadly I can't hear even the slightest difference between the "folded" stereo and the UK mono on those two tracks, which has to mean the UK is an all fold.  But I do cheer up when listening to the US stereo.  Loud, wide and clear and even if I like the mono a lot this takes me even further. Top quality mix and audio.  Still dreaming to find a decent US mono I could afford, but guess the chances are slim.   (YZÄ*)  (MÅW*)  (CPYC*)  (DÖÖW*)


 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar