torsdag 18 november 2021

THEM/THE WORLD OF THEM PA 86 (-70) UK MONO

 


 Another of those "World of..." monos I rate very high. A compilation containing album cuts from "Angry Young Them" and "Them Again" coupled with non-LP 45:s.  And as issued so close to the fact it could be desirable for fans if only the mono versions here were true and to my ears at least some of them sound legit.  At time for release seven of the twelve tracks only existed in mono, so the corresponding stereo version had all these as rechanneled stereo. That would mean - if this mono is a direct fold it'd be from five true stereos and seven fakes and I don't hear that.  I've compared with the common tracks on my "Them Again" copy and they come out very much alike. Differences are the ones on "World Of..." has a tiny bit more prominent base with somewhat smoother edges. And I've never heard a better "Here Comes The Night" - wide with perfect balance and separation. Still not 100% sure what was done, but whatever the truth is behind the versions here I do hear and enjoy them as ear pleasing  mono takes from a great band and that's good enough for me. If the sausage is tasty enough you don't always need to know how it's made. Issued on vinyl all over Europe, Downunder and Canada through the years, also UK cassette, but to my knowledge this was the only mono.  It came with label as shown here in a laminated cover with red rim mono inner.  (VMÖ*)  (WÖF*)  (UKÖ*)  (YMÖ*)

                                                                                         


 


           
                                                                      
 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar