fredag 31 december 2021

KINKS/SLEEPWALKER SPARTY 1002 (-77) UK

 


 Their sixteenth studio album and first for Arista label. It was also a departure from the line of rather introvert theme albums they'd produced a couple of years before and here seemingly aiming for a more commercial outcome. I mostly enjoyed those former theatrical LP:s and when this arrived back then it felt wrong and I didn't buy. It was first with the next album "Misfits" https://monolover.blogspot.com/search?q=kinks+misfits   I found my way back and my earliest copy of this came many years later. Now after spinning it for the first time in decades I'm starting to like. In my world not measuring up to masterpieces as "Village Green...", "Arthur" or "Muswell Hillbillies", but lots of the old Kinky atmosphere remains, the special vocals and quite a few good moments. "Juke Box Music", "Life On The Road" and "Sleepwalker" all catchy melodic rock and "Brother" a very touching ballad. So I'm glad I gave it another try and rediscovered.  Issued and reissued around the world on every possible format through the years. First US on Arista (AL 4106). Japan 2013 CD on Konk (UICY 25362) came with five bonus tracks. Premiere UK had label as shown here in a matt cover with glossy pic/credit inner.  (KYX*)


 









Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar