tisdag 5 april 2022

AMBROSE SLADE/BALLZY SRF-67598 (-69) US PROMO

 

                                                                                  

  I've always liked Slade. It's unique for a band to play such dirty rock'n'roll and still become a million seller and household name. For me it all comes down to the blend of catchy melodies, prole feeling and Noddy Holders vocals. Songs like "Coz I Luv You", "Mama, Weer All Crazee Now", "Gudbuy Gudbuy" and many more has a perfect balance between raw and friendly, making me feel both challanged and cozy at the same time.  This, by many called the first Slade album, isn't there yet. I can hear what's to come in the covers of Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" and Amboy Duke's "Journey To The Center Of The Mind", but the in comparison subpar production, arrangements and audio makes it hard for me to enjoy all of this as much as I do their later stuff. In my world it is the choice of covers that makes it worth while. Apart from the aformentioned I also get Beatles "Martha My Dear",  Idle Race's "Knocking Nail Into My House" and Zappas "Ain't Got No Heart". A truly rare combination.  I know this has become a holy grail for many Slade fans and I would like to like more, but I'm still too attached  to heir later albums - like "Slayed?", "Alive" "Old, New..." and "In Flame" - to be jumping with joy.  Premiere UK as "Beginnings" on Fontana (STL 5492). Japan 2006 CD in paper sleeve on Air Mail Archive (AIRAC 1299) came with two bonus tracks.  US promo had label as shown here.  Unfortunately this copy was without sleeve when I picked it from a bin a while ago, just came in a custom carboard, so I'm not touching that till I find a suitable replacement.  (ÖRJ*)  (YZÄ*)

                                                                           


                                                                                 

                                                                                  

                                                                                 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar