tisdag 3 oktober 2017

JETHRO TULL/AQUALUNG 12.979 (-71) MONO ARGENTINA

You may see this showing up on auction sites or even in shops and wonder if it's worth your time and money. It could well be. Through the years I've plowed through German, US and UK stereo originals, but this Argentine mono is the one I always return to when I wanna enjoy this magnificient album to the fullest. Though some kind of fold it still has better balance and dynamics on most cuts than any of those stereos. I hear the cooler sound a little sweeter and the harder even rawer when not disturbed by the two-channel treatment. It's very relaxing listening when it all comes through beautifully in one piece. I'm aware some may shy away before bits coming on both distinct and intrusive at the same time, but for us used to old booming monos it's just how it should be. Not sure if made from a US or UK compatible. In any case it works perfectly and everything is there (I might add - to me it sounds best with a round needle, for now a Shure M44-7.) That was about my love. Can't guarantee it'll work for everyone, but should You happen to find it in acceptable nick to an affordable price it's well worth a try. First (only?) had label as shown here and structured fold/out cover. (SÖMI*) (YÖHT*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar