torsdag 12 oktober 2017

YVES MONTAND/LES FEUILLES MORTES CPMC 4 (-59) UK EXPORT MONO

Export album issued as an extended version of the 1958 UK Parlophone EP "The Inimitable Yves Montand" (GEP 8654). Here containing the four EP cuts plus ten more recorded 1948-55, most of them originally 78 rpm only. Not sure how many, if any, of the cuts were transformed directly from the shellac and which already existed on tape, but the whole album has a kind of pristine sonic glow reminding of those old 78 recordings. With this I'm back in front of the old valve radio I spent so much time with as a small kid in the fifties. Feeling snug I can almost scent the dinner my mom's cooking while I'm listening to just one more song. The melodies were warm and the performance friendly. I didn't understand any lyrics back then, it was all about the atmosphere. And in a way it still is. Going beyond intellect, experience and the almost sixty years inbetween - dirctly to my gut. This issue was UK only and presumably pressed for export, hinted by the XEEX matrix numbers. First had label as shown here, laminated flip/back Garrods & Lofthouse cover, with the songs interpreted in English on rear, and EMI inner. (PÖX*) (GZÅ*) (ÖXÄP*) (GCÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar