torsdag 19 oktober 2017

WINGS/WINGS AT THE SPEED OF SOUND PAS 10010 (-76) UK

An album that in retrospective stands as one of Wings' most successful. It spent seven weeks at Billboard #1, reached #2 in UK and top ten in a large number of other countries and in short time selling in excess of three million copies. With that in mind I'm feeling very lonely thinking it was an absolute low-point for McCartney and the band. I've really tried to open up and get in, but don't get caught at all. With "Silly Love Songs" I can admire the handicraft and skill of a true master - see and learn how a world wide hit is made - but that's it. The only track that moves a little is "Let Them In" - melodically simple but arranged with enough twists to make it stick. The rest of the LP is so meaningless to me I'll just leave it be. This shouldn't be a place for negative emotions, but it is McCartney so I have to post and it is my feelings so I have to tell...and for better or worse no Wings collection is complete without it. Luckily their next studio album "London Town" would be so much better. See You there later... (BÄ*) (MÄCC*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar