fredag 6 oktober 2017

WINGS/VENUS AND MARS PCTC 254 (-75) UK

Not planning to do many words on this album, but let's see where it goes. With its forerunner, the epic Beatlesque "Band On The Run" still spinning on my turntable back then the expectations were very high, but though I opened up filled with love my feelings were largely unanswered...and still are. Never though I'd say this about an LP, but I do now with all respect for sir Paul - it's got too much rock'n'roll. "Rock Show" one of too many introspective period rock tracks and this more commercially cute than edgy, "Spirits Of Ancient Egypt" and "Medecine Jar" well arranged trifles, "Call Me Back Again" very ordinary but saved by good vocals. The four song sequence - "Love In Song", "You Gave Me The Answer", "Magneto And Titanium Man" and "Letting Go" - on side one is what make this album for me, the rest I can live without. So not all bad, still way below "Band On The Run". Though if disappointed with the musical content there may be consolation in the sleeve. This UK first (and most other originals?) came in a sturdy fold/out cover with two pic posters, hard glossy planet inner and a couple of stickers. Praiseworthy wrapping indeed and together with the good cuts an incentive for keeping. (MÄCC*) (BÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar