torsdag 1 februari 2018

CHICAGO/CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY 66221 (-69) UK

Another of those regarded all time classics that's already been dissected and reviewed to pieces on different medias through the years. Got nothing to add to any of the more exhaustive ones - e.g. Wikipedia - but as I really like the album and want it on my page, gotta find someting to say for a post so it'll be a token of love. Not only skillfully played all through - both simple and intricate parts - with attractive vocals, it's also a near perfect blend of adventurous and melodic. In the midst of enjoying long jazzy or rocking instrumental parts embellished by elaborate solos I also get well written melodies and an abundance of catchy moments. For exemple all of side two sounds lovely to me - starting with "Questions 67 and 68", continuing with "Listen" and ending with "Poem" it has something for all open minded music lovers. To mention a few other favorites - "Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?" and the by now classic "I'm A Man" cover. I could go on, but you get the picture. I've seen and heard remonstrations it might be somewhat uneven or too much dependent on brass to be rock'n'roll. But even if those objections may be a tad bit true, they'll drown in the common good. So if You're a music lover in it for both melodies and somewhat more advanced stuff and for some reason haven't got it yet it's well worth a try. Issued and reissued on every possible media through the years. Premiere on US Columbia "2 eye" label (CS 9809/GP 8). I had one of those a couple of years ago and to my memory that sounded better than this UK. Not that the UK is bad in any way I just remember the US as more open and revealing. First UK had label as shown here, medium-thick vinyl with SBPG matrixes and matt fold/out cover with stereo sticker on rear.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar