måndag 5 februari 2018

GENESIS/FOXTROT CAS 1056 (-72) US

For more on the issue itself and my relation to it check post on the UK original. Question is - if I have that, why should I need the US version? The most obvious answer would be the cool "scroll" label, still used there by Charisma/Buddah while Charisma/B&C in UK already changed to "Mad Hatter". It seems US was the only place where you still could get the older design. But the main reason I need it is the audio. The UK isn't too bad though at least to my ears coming out a little too crammed at some places and very sharp at others. Not much yet enough to clog my ideal connection and as the LP has been an absolute favorite over the years - don't know how many times I've sat through the entire "Supper's Ready" covered in goosebumps - I need it as good as I can get. This US press do sound better to me. Somewhat wider and softer, providing a more relaxed listening. Such minor audiophile concerns may seem trivial to many fans or collectors, but when I'm in the listening chair invited to such a strange and beautiful world I want it all open and to be handeled with care. The only thing I'm not 100% sure of with this copy is the sleeve mode. Checking on the net I see all but a few "scroll" copies there have single covers while the contiued "mad hatter" pressing (called "re-press") came with fold/out. This seems to be some kind of transition copy. "Bell Sound" matrixes etched CAS-1058-A-2/B-2)on medium thin vinyl, still with "scroll", but in a "1972 Buddah Records Inc." glossy fold/out with cut corner. Don't think it's a swap, didn't get that impression when I found it in a used bin - all as previously unplayed and untouched. Anyone reading this knows more on this label/sleeve subject - please tell! (GYÄ*) (CÄX*) (YZÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar