onsdag 25 juli 2018

TAJ MAHAL/GIANT STEP - DE OLE FOLKS AT HOME S 8-63820/21 (-69) UK

This is a relatively new find for me. After really liking his two first albums it has taken me a while to warm up to this. Double album having one LP - "De Ole Folks At Home" - with acoustic root mood blues and one - "Giant Step" - with electric blues rock. But after initially listening to the entire set-up a couple of times I decided to leave the acoustic part - which I in this case don't seem to have the right exteroceptors for - and concentrate on the electric. And that did it. Here I get a natural follow-up to "Natch'l Blues", which in my world is one of the catchier black blues albums. It's the same snug melodic atmosphere, very warm with attractive vocals. To my ears so far a tiny bit more uneven and it doesn't grab me as hard as NB..at least not yet, but given time it might. In any case a keeper and one I will return to frequently to get aquainted. The tracks that hit me immediately and get me going now are - "Six Days On The Road", "Keep Your hands Off Her" and "You're Gonna Need Somebody On Your Bond". Premiere US on Columbia (GP 18). Also initially issued in France and Gemany on CBS (S 66226) and Australia on Columbia (S2BP 220044). Japan 2017 CD on Columbia (SICP-5350). First UK had label as shown here and matt fold-out cover. Early ones came in a mono cover with stereo sticker, but I doubt any UK monos exist. I have never seen or heard of one anyway. (DÄJ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar