söndag 2 december 2018

QUEEN/NEWS OF THE WORLD EMA 784 (-77) UK

Their sixth studio effort showing a band still going very strong. It has become their biggest seller up to date and by many regarded a classic due to two of the tracks - the in various sport cohesions often chanted "We Are The Champions" and "We Will Rock You". Since I'm not an eager sports fan and yet having been fed those songs frequently from everywhere through the years I never let my stylus touch them today, but the rest is for me very good Queen. If I had to make a list of favorite songs from the band's entire songbook "Who Needs You" would probably be somewhere top five. Perfectly balanced between a charmingly sung catchy melody and brilliant guitars performed in a homely atmosphere. Mmmmmm. "Sheer Heart Attack" - partially a remain from those 1974 LP sessions - sounds like some kind of unholy blend between Sex Pistols and Sweet, yet with a Queenish touch. Energizing piece making me smile. "All Dead All Dead" a very gripping ballad. I could go on, but apart from the aforementioned two crowd-pleasers WATC and WWRY I don't hear any low points here. Each cut standing on its own and the audio on this press is stunning - big, warm and welcoming - inviting me in to take part. Issued and reissued on every possible format all over the world through the years. First US on Elektra (6E-112). Premiere UK had label as shown here, thick matt fold-out cover and lyric/picture inner. You can also check the US tour programme here https://monolover.blogspot.com/2020/12/queennews-of-world-1977-tour-programme.html (QÄN*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar