onsdag 8 september 2021

MARTHA AND THE VANDELLAS/DANCE PARTY G-915 (-65) US MONO

 


 Third LP from one of Motown's at the time most successful girl groups (for more on them check post on the "Watchout" album https://monolover.blogspot.com/search?q=watchout ). Though released as an original album this is more of a semi-compilation as including A+B:s of three singles issued 1963-64 - "Wild One"/"Dancing Slow", "Dancing In The Street"/"There He Is (At My Door)" and "Nowhere To Run"/"Motoring" - combined with six cuts recorded especially for the release.  As the title implies a dance album for sure with most of the tracks up-tempo balanced by some slow movers. But whatever the song's origins, listening through I'm very glad to be in Motown land again, a place I visit often nowadays when in need of positive reinforcement. And I'm getting a lot of that here. Recordings may seem primitive in comparison with today's standards, but that also brings me near and closing my eyes in the listening chair I can picture the girls in the studio and be there.  So no need for picking favorite tracks. I just like to take part...all through. Sixties issues in Canada, UK (Tamla Motown TML 11013) and a couple of Southamerican countries, also as US 8-track and cassette. Japan 2012 lim. ed. CD in paper sleeve on Gordy (UICY-75334). Early US had ridged label as shown here on heavy vinyl in a cover with laminated front.  (YZÄ*) (TÖMÖ*)  (ÖXCÅ*)


 








Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar