torsdag 30 september 2021

THE BEATLES/GREATEST HITS PMCS 306 (-65) MONO SWEDEN

 


 One of numerous Beatles compilations released around the world 1965, most including 45 cuts not appearing on any of the UK LP:s  at that time.  Some countries issued their own variations in tracking and/or sleeve designs, many of them worth while for any Beatle fan still into vinyl. To my taste this is one of the better. It is on black/yellow Parlophone and I get some of my most loved single cuts - like "I Feel Fine", "I Call Your Name", "She's A Woman", "Slow Down", "Thank You Girl", "I'll Get You" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" - conveyed by absolutely smashing audio...big and perfectly clear, like they didn't use any kind of limiting, just took them as they were. And on rear sleeve I get their full Swedish discography up to print - thirteen singles and thirteen EP:s, well worth to contemplate for the collector who wants it all. Only downer is the front sleeve design isn't unique, but same as on the US "Something New". Apart from that it's a killer in my world and one I listen to often. Also issued in Denmark as "Hottest Hits" on black/silver Parlophone label with totally different front sleeve design.  Premiere Swedish had label as shown here in a thin fully laminated cover.  (BÄ*)  (LGÅ*) (CCÖ*)  (PÖX*)


 






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar