torsdag 23 augusti 2012

JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE/ELECTRIC LADYLAND 0920 060/61 (-68) FRANCE

Here's another tip for those who want a 1st press good audio original of this legendary LP and don't want to ruin themselves to get it. As far as I can tell the same tapes as UK was used, but to my ears this sounds slightly different. I can only guess why - the French used other limiters or compression during engraving. Anyway it comes out somewhat clearer with slightly different balance at a few places. It's not a big difference and most people wouldn't take notice, but it's there and that makes it a keeper for me. It has a cover exclusive to early releases, later ones had a totally different art work - details from front cover and top pic inside f/o below. I'm not very familiar with French issues, but I take this is one of very the first - with thick, unflexible vinyl and laminated cover (matrixes has stamped record numbers plus A/B/C/D and side one of both records has a "GP" stamp). Even if it is a first press, has top audio and an exclusive cover it's still possible to find high quality copies for under $100 - in comparison to the ten times more you have to pay for a UK 1:st top copy. Highly recommended. (JHÄ*)(MFÄX*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. You are aware the Barclay version of Are Your Experienced? is mono and sounds quite a bit better than the UK (well, in my opinion anyway)?

    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=170765

    Unfortunately, the samples are no longer online, as I have changed provider since, but I can put them up somewhere if you wanna hear.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Seems like all other issues sounds better than the UK mono. I would really like to own the French one, but it has escaped me so far. I haven't heard the US mono either, but always guessed that was the best...

    SvaraRadera