torsdag 13 februari 2014

BEST FROM BELL SBLL 111 (-68) UK

With the habit of transfering analog recordings to digital that's been going on since the mid-eighties, vinyl compilations are steadily losing value. People say - why buy a fourteen cut on a heavy, spacious piece of vinyl when I can get twice as many or more and it hardly takes any place at all. Obviously I don't agree, but from a selfish point of veiw it's not all bad. In the shops I go to there's hardly any demand for vinyl compilations anymore, which allows me to get tons of good music for a bargain. This is an exemple what you can buy for just a few bucks nowadays. Sixteen top numbers including a pop/psych marvel by Reparata & The Delrons - "Captain Of Your Ship" - and The Toys original version of "A Lovers Concerto" - one of the catchiest pop songs ever. There's also rarely seen stuff with Ronny & The Daytonas, Merrilee Rush, James & Bobby Purify, Syndicate Of Sound and a lot more. I dig every second of it. As far as I can hear all cuts are true stereo. Also issued in mono (MBLL 111). May be the CD:s and downloads gives more with sometimes better sound quality, but this is what I want. Analog sound close to first makes, thick vinyl, beautiful label design and laminated flip/back cover. (SÄM*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar