torsdag 7 juni 2012

FIVE LIVE YARDBIRDS 33 MSX 1677 (-64) MONO NEW ZEALAND

This was Yardbirds debute album, recorded live at the Marquee Club in London 1964 and released December same year. It's a collection of blues covers, performed in a style that became a model for many British R&B groups in the sixties. Some of the songs here includes a "rave up" - meaning an instrumental part that starts low and builds to a climax. Four of these are "Smokestack Lightning", "Respectable", I'm A Man" and "Here 'Tis", all present on the US "Having A Rave Up With the Yardbirds" album (EPIC LN24127/BN26177) thus providing its name. Original recording and UK issue was mono only. This is first New Zealand release on green Columbia label. It uses the UK tapes and sounds exactly the same. (YÄB*)(LYBÖ*)(DÖW*)

6 kommentarer:

  1. Wow, beautiful undocumented press.

    I put a link from my blog to yours. Hopefully it will generate some traffic.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks for the link and as I can see it's working fine. Would like to link to Your page from mine, but don't know how to do it. I'm not good at this...know how to post, but the rest is a mystery to me. Help anyone?

      Radera
    2. You'll have to create a new box and find the feature "my blog list" and from there you can add links to other blogspot pages. Hope this helps, the menu as it see it here is all Dutch, otherwise it would probably be easier to explain.

      Radera
    3. Thanks...it's a mystery, but I'll get to it next week after work. Maybe I see all clear then.

      Radera
  2. Yes it is a good looking label...couldn't resist it when I saw it :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    Also visit my web blog: buying a car with bad credit

    SvaraRadera