tisdag 26 juni 2012

HOLLIES/FOR CERTAIN BECAUSE PMC 7011 (-66) UK MONO

In UK and America Hollies was most successful with their '45:s, many of them reaching top ten on both sides of the Atlantic. The LP:s did not sell as well, two top tens in UK and non in US. They did better in Scandinavia and on the European continent. In Sweden, where they toured a lot, the group was more popular than the Beatles sporadically. This was the first Hollies LP I bought and the one that made me discover the group and liking them for the rest of the sixties. It's their 5th album, but the first with all tracks self-penned and also the most adventurous so far. I still think it's good and my two favs remains the same - "Stop Stop Stop" and "Pay You Back With Interest". I've never heard another version of the record than the UK mono, but with the groups and producer Ron Richards other contemporary works in mind I don't think a stereo would be worth my money or effort - to my taste early Hollies is always better in mono. It was re-titled "Stop! Stop! Stop!" for the US market, but with the same tracking (Imperial LP9330/LP-12330. First UK had label as shown here and laminated f/o cover with flips. (HÖLY*) (PÖX*)

2 kommentarer:

  1. Completely agree. The stereo sucks and Stop Stop Stop is one of my favorite records ever! In mono of course. Tell It To My Face is another fave too.-Mike

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Yup there's a lot of good music here. I like their positive style, always puts me in a good mood :)

      Radera