måndag 11 juni 2012

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE/SURREALISTIC PILLOW LPM 3766 (-67) MONO AUSTRALIA

Took some time before I decided Australian "Pillow" mono was the one for me. I usually go for UK originals, but this time the UK mono was not to my taste - best tracks "Somebody To Love" and "White Rabitt" had been removed and replaced with two songs from "Takes Off" (which wasn't released in England yet). I didn't like the sound of it either. Can't remember why now, but something was wrong. For a while I had a US stereo and didn't fancy that either - no edge to the sound and way too much reverb. Then a friend played the US mono to me and that was perfect. For a while I had a hard time finding such a copy (this was before the net) and when finally a decent one showed up the price was way out of my league. A few years later I stumbled over this at a record flea market and my luck was done. Even if the US version sounds a tiny bit more open, this has the same firmness and you don't have to suffer the stereo reverb. The laminated flip-back cover is also a bonus - lamination keeps the cover pic and colours fresh. As far as I understand made from the US mono tapes - the matrix numbers are TPRM 4892/3 as US. (DÖW*) (JÄF*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar