lördag 2 juni 2012

PINK FLOYD/DARK SIDE OF THE MOON Q4SHVL (-73) UK QUAD/ALAN PARSON MIX

Now to something completely different. Question is why posting a Quad on a monolovers page? Many reasons - like many monos this is a rarer issue and it has a separate mix, one that can make You look differently on the whole album. When I started to collect monos in the late eighties it also meant renewed interest in many records I got tired of years earlier. White Album, 1:st Joe Cocker, early Procol Harum, Traffic - all collecting dust on the shelf, but with the monos I got alternate mixes, versions and even takes and started to listen again. And this is exactly what happened when I found this quad. I've never been more fed up with a record than Dark Side Of the Moon. After months of listening I knew every note, twist and turn and decided to put it away. 25 years later I listen to this - the same record, but still something else. Listening on two-channel in comparison one can hear a different balance, but also this is so much clearer and revealing. It's not only the ready-built piece of art the original stereo posts as, but also all the separate parts. It's hard to explain further, but if you got it you know what I mean. It has been argued many times the members of Pink Floyd didn't like the mix, but the man behind it - Alan Parson - has said they weren't interested back then. According to him the only one of them that actually heard it was Richard Wright. (PÅX*)(HÄVL*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar