tisdag 4 februari 2014

THE TEMPTATIONS/TEMPTIN' TEMPTATIONS TML 11023 (-66) UK MONO

The group's third US album and the second with Smokey Robinson as main producer. It also works as a Greatest Hits since seven of the twelve cuts appeared on charting '45:s 1964-65. I'm a big fan of sixties Motown in general - the gifted artists, special backing, production and mixing creating a unique connection with the listener. To my taste Temptations was one of the best acts in that stable. Always attractive vocals and good song choices, regardless of what style they were into at the moment - pure soul, psych or funk. This is no exception. High level all through with a number of catchy tunes. I especially like the included single tracks "Since I Lost My Baby", "Don't Look Back" and "Girl (Why You Wanna Make Me Blue)". This UK mono is cut a little too loud to my ears, almost cracking at parts. Not all bad, but some of the nuances get lost. Premiere US 1965 on Gordy "yellow script label" (G/GS 914). Re-mastered stereo CD 1998 (Motown 314530931-2). First UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover. (TÖMÖ*) (ÄIÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar