lördag 11 oktober 2014

WORDS AND MUSIC E-505 (-50) US

In reality a soundtrack of Rogers and Hart compositions, recorded directly from the 1948 movie tapes. Though to me it serves as an early sampler with some of the period's greatest aritsts performing classic numbers. Mickey Rooney doing "Manhattan" and a duet with Judy Garland in "I Wish I Were In Love Again". Two Lena Horne songs, including "The Lady Is A Tramp" and June Allyson with "Thou Swell". High class all the way, but to me this is not so much about the artists or songs. I dig it for the audio and soothing atmosphere - perfect for relaxing moments and a can also work as a launcer for backward time travel. This is my music close to dawn after a sleepless night - a warm friendly blanket that may enable me to finally doze off. (NYFÖ*) (SÄM*) (YZÄ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar