lördag 18 oktober 2014

AL GOODMAN AND HIS ORCHESTRA/SENTIMENTAL FAVORITES CL 6082 (-49) US

Orchestra that by modern standard might be called "cover band". From mid-forties and on releasing a large number of '78:s and LP:s for Columbia and RCA - each with themes tied to genres or moods. This is a collection of eight sentimental songs from the early 20th century - three with vocals by actress Hollace Shaw. Pathetic strings and backing to theatrical, almost operatic vocals. Today probably seen as mushy and overemotional by most people, but prefectly fitting the popular music atmosphere of the period in which the songs were written. This takes me back to my childhood in the fifties when radio still ruled the air. The connection has a lot to do with the audio - analog with a warm glow, reminding of what we got from the valve reciever on the living room table. I probably belong to the last generation who has a true bond to this kind of music and sound as it was a natural part of my early years and development. I will always have a special place for records like this in my collection...and in my heart. First came with label as shown here and thick matt cover. (YZÄ*) (FÄV*) (NYFÖ*) (CLÄZ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar