torsdag 21 september 2017

FLANAGAN AND ALLEN/THE FLANAGAN AND ALLEN STORY ENC 151 (-64) UK MONO

For more about this classic UK duo check my earlier post on the "Favourites"  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2013/01/flanagan-and-allenvaudeville-favorites.html   and "Successes" https://monolover.blogspot.com/2013/02/flanagan-and-allensuccesses-33s1010-53.html  10 inch albums. This compilation, issued around ten years later, has a couple of cuts coinciding with those, but also ones I didn't have before. Made the same way, by transfers from the old 78:s to vinyl and well done, resulting in pristine and embracing audio. I can't seem to get enough of these guys and their vaudeville style blend of comedy and catchy melodies. The voices may be unschooled, but very warm and personal and always hitting my spot, making me feel sentimental and happy at the same time. I guess music like this mostly attracts people my age and older who grew up with these tunes on the valve radio, but it should also do it for any age anglophile...cause it doesn't get more British than this. Listening as I write with a pleasant feeling in my gut and big smile on my face. Good moment. Also originally released in Australia (Columbia OEX 9369), but to my knowledge never reissued in any form. First UK had label as shown here and laminated flip/back cover with EMI inner.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar