söndag 1 september 2019

DOORS/STRANGE DAYS EKS 74014 (-67) US STEREO

Had the UK mono forever and always been pleased with that, believing it was a separate mix as the US one. Then after posting it here many moons ago I got a comment from Prof. Stoned where he said the UK was a fold. I coundn't believe it at first, but was convinced. Ever since I've been trying to find a US mono, which seems impossible as I don't buy from the net anymore (too many downers) and they just never show up in the local bins. However a while ago I found this 1st press US stereo at a price fitting my wallet and was amazed by the audio. It has good balance for a four channel mix and even if sparsely arranged it's kept wide, giving tophole separation thus making every part explicite. Add to that a loud yet crystal clear cutting and I'm in 100%. It may seem strange to some I go on so much about audio in this blog, but I still spin my records a lot and do think that a great album, like this, deserves best possible listening. I will continue my search for a US mono and when I find one you'll be the first to know. Issued and reissued on every possible format all over the world through the years. Originally pressed at at least four different plants in US. The one here has (AL-1) etched into both matrixes, showing it was pressed at Allentown Record Co. Inc. in Pennsylvania. It came with label as shown here and glossy cover with glossy lyric/picture inner. (YZÄ*) (DÖÖW*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar