fredag 13 september 2019

THE GARY MOORE BAND/GRINDING STONE S 65527 (-73) UK

Album issued between him leaving Skid Row and participating in Colosseum II and Thin Lizzy. Though tagged as "The Gary More Band" it's often billed as a solo LP and in any case the only one with that setting. To me it sounds a lot like what he did with Skid Row and Colosseum II - blues/rock prog carried by advanced rhythms and equilibrist guitars. "Sail Across The Mountain" a rather ordinary ballad, the short "Energy Dance" dreamy and "Boogie My Way Back Home" boogie rock, but the rest more or less adventurous with many twists and turns. Hard to depict exactly...for exemple the 17+ minute "Spirit" includes parts that can be described as prog, jazz, rock'n'roll or even latino rock. Adacious indeed but as it takes effort to follow, nothing for relaxing. If you're in the mood for tophole guitars supported by rhythmic gaming and theme changes it could be something. Though I can appreciate all the skill and effort put in my ears have been way too tired for music like this lately, so I'm putting this copy aside for now hoping it will fit me better eventually. 1973 issues also in Ireland and Japan. 1974 US on P.I. Records (PILPS-9004). UK 2005 CD and 6xFile MP3 on Repertoire Records (RES 2302). Premiere UK had label as shown here and thin matt cover.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar