fredag 30 augusti 2019

JAY & THE AMERICANS/TRY SOME OF THIS! UAL 3562 (-67) US MONO

A band new to me and when I saw this in a bin it appeared just to my taste. As released by an American outfit 1967 and with the tough looking guys on front sleeve I hoped for something psych or garage or in best case a combination of both. But this is nothing like that. Instead I get slow and mostly heavily orchestrated songs with passionate vocals, more reminding me of contemporary British soft pop than the American hard core garage I aimed for. There's nothing even remotely dangerous here, just well arranged romantic ballads as it seems then totally out of fashion. And getting over my initial genre disappointment I do hear a well made album with quite intricate arrangements, Jay Black is a very good singer and the harmonies works beautifully...also the mono mix sounds true and the audio just fine...so maybe I'll keep it for a future romantic meeting...if that will ever happen. Also as stereo (UAS 6562). US second press on pink/orange label. UK mono UAL 1164. To my knowledge never issued like this on CD. Premiere US had label as shown here and glossy cover. (YZÄ*) (ÖXCÅ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar