onsdag 23 september 2020

PAUL McCARTNEY/PRESS TO PLAY 1C 038-157764 (-86) GERMANY

 


 Not any of my favorites by the man, but as it is McCartney feel I have to write something and be done with it.  All tracks self-penned, some with 10cc:s Eric Stewart who also played on the album together with guest appearances by Phil Collins, Pete Townshend and Carlos Alomar among others.  The voice is there and he is a good songwriter, which shows in the up-tempo "Press" and "Move Over Busker", but also the ballads "However Absurd" and "Only Love Remains". So a good core for a another great album indeed if it weren't for the synths covering the whole thing up in a cold mist.  McCartney has always been good to me and even if I don't jump up and down to everything he did I could always feel close and cozy with him.  Well written meodies, often catchy and conveyed by production and arrangements bringing a warm friendly atmosphere.  I get nothing of that here, just feeling frozen and aloof. There are good intentions buried deep down, but to find them I have to put on yet another sweater.  Maybe not worth the effort, so insted I will bury myself in his follow-up tp this - "Flowers In The Dirt". That has all the warmth I need from an album and remains one of my McCartney favorites (see earlier post).  Issued and reissued on vinyl, cassette and CD all over the world through the years. Premiere UK on Parlophone (PCSD 103), US on Capitol (PJAS 12475). Original CD issues came with 13 tracks, while some later ones were enhanced to 15.  First German had label as shown here in a matt fold/out cover with lyric inner.  (MÄCC*)  (BÄ*)  (GÖXÄ*)


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar