måndag 14 september 2020

JUNE TABOR/AIRS AND GRACES 12TS298 (-76) UK

 


 Not counting the 1976 "Silly Sisters" collaboration with Maddy Prior (see earlier post) this was her debute, released a little later same year and not a minute too soon.  Since then she has remained one of the foremost interpreter of classic British folk music with her very personal voice, so dark and strong and safe to carry any song with or without backing.  Like here where many of the numbers come a capella and the rest with sparse instrumentation.  I don't have time and place to describe the separate songs with all the love I want, so I'm just saying - if you're into female vocal, folk music or just wanna enjoy a marvellous voice, don't miss this one.  She'll bring you in and hold you captured all the way...and that's where I am right now. For details on the songs and participants check pic below.  This post became a lot shorter than planned, but think I made my point already so 'nuff said for now.  Please also check my posts on some other of her albums To my knowledge only issued in UK and US (1977 vinyl on Antilles AN 7043 and 1985 on Shanachie 79055).  UK 2019 CD on Topic (TTSCD 004) came with four bonus tracks.  Premiere UK had label as shown here in a matt cover.   (QÖP*)  (BRYF*)  (FÄV*)  (JÖB*)



 


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar