söndag 20 september 2020

JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE/ARE YOU EXPERIENCED 612001 (-67) MONO AUSTRALIA

 


Time for a much needed rewrite of this issue. The recording itself so outstanding and mindblowing at arrival and still today unique with its  perfect blend of melodic and experimental with the most exquisite guitars on top.  I've had a number different versions through the years, but seldom got that connection I always want to enjoy a record to the fullest.  For exemple lost my last UK copy long time ago as I thought it sounded too bassy and therefore partly too dense.  Instead I found this Aussie mono and it brought me a lot closer. Thought it sounded clearer with better separation and the balance more natural than arranged.  I got the impression that was how it sounded at recording while most other issues edited the audio in some way to make it easier listening.  So instead of a smoothened top album I got to visit the recordings. But now after finding another UK mono copy I can't hear much difference between this and that. Can't exactly explain why, if it's due to change of pressing quality, playing equipment or in me. This Oz one still comes out a bit clearer at parts, but the UK also sounds great and since that is the original it may also be held as canonized and above criticism.    (JHÄ*)  (DÖW*)


 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar