torsdag 28 oktober 2021

ALAN PRICE/THE WORLD OF ALAN PRICE PA 77 (-70) UK MONO

 



Compilation counting single A:s and B:s plus a couple of album cuts recorded 1965-69, most of them cover versions. To my taste this gathers some of his absolutely best. Melodic and not too complicated, getting all feelings out in the open. His vocals are personal and friendly and listening through always makes me feel warm and cozy. In my world catchy in the best possible way and perfect for this season when you wanna escape the chilly world outside and just be home snuggling. I've seen claims on the net that all "World of..." mono's are folds. This issue seems to contradict that. All cuts comes so well balanced and provides such enjoyable listening they just have to be true.  Of course there is a chance the corresponding stereo (which I never heard) has all perfect compatibles, but since it is a compilation picked from different sources that chance would be less than nanoscopic. So I'll stick my head out and say this mono is all true. I love it all so not possible to name favourites, but tried to pick out good exemples below.  Early stereo issues on Decca also in Germany, France, Greece and Downunder, but to my knowledge the mono was UK only.  It came with label as shown here in a laminated cover with die-cut mono/stereo hole on rear and red rim mono inner.   (WÖF*)  (UKÖ*)  (ÄNÄ*)  (MÖRS*) 


 



 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar