söndag 24 oktober 2021

THE HOLLIES PMCS 309 (-65) MONO SWEDEN

 


 Swedish collection of tracks only issued on 45 in UK. Counting  two A:s and one B-side from 1963.  Two A:s, one B and four EP cuts from 1964.  Three A:s and one B from 1965. To me a superduper compilation, as I get original takes conveyed by pristine mixes close to the fact, here very loud and clear.  I understand that the interest for this period Hollies has withered among certain collectors last decade, which is a mystery to me.  I hear lots of high quality songwriting and performance topped by dazzling harmony singing and offering quite a few catchy moments. In my world this certainly was one of the better UK bands from back then. Maybe you've had to been there to appreciate it fully, but I was so I do. Front pic probably makes this the least flattering Hollies sleeve ever.  Not sure why they decided to use it, in any case it's odd enough to enjoy.  To my knowledge this was the only issue. It had label as shown here on thick unflexible vinyl in a fully laminated sleeve with Swedish discography on rear.  (PÖX*)  (CCÖ*)  (HÖLY*) (SWÄU*)


 







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar