söndag 18 december 2022

SLADE/SLADE ALIVE! PD 5508 (-72) US

 


I'm always up for good live albums, ones that catch all of me and make me believe I'm in the audience when I close my eyes in the listening chair. Already posted a couple of favorites - like "Colosseum Live", "The Who Live At Leeds", "Hep Stars On Stage" and ten or so more https://monolover.blogspot.com/search?q=(LYB%C3%96*) . And here's another that makes me sense I'm there. Not only because of the energy and tight performance, but also the mix and audio. Apparently recorded in three nights at a total cost of £600 and using the initial mix. The audio on this US press is superduper, making the music come out very offensive, almost intrusive, thus creating a natural connection to my mind. It's far from pretty, just very passoinate and raw rock'nroll. I get three self-penned tracks combined with covers of Ten Years After's "Hear Me Calling", Loving Spoonful's "Darling Be Home Soon", Steppenwolf's "Born To Be Wild" (also used in a studio version on their debute album "Beginnings"  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2022/04/ambrose-sladeballzy-srf-67598-69-us.html ) and Bobby Marchan's "Get Down With It". Since it all sticks together like one happy gig it'd be impossible for me to pick favorite tracks, so adding the full album below for You to do it instead. Issued and reissued on every possible format all over the world through the years. Premiere UK on Polydor (2383 101). EU 2017 Deluxe Ed. CD on BMG (BMGAA03CD) included a 28 page booklet. First US had label as shown here in a laminated fold/out cover.  (YZÄ*)  (LYBÖ)

                                                                                 
                                                                                 
                                                                               
                                                                                 
                                                                               




 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar