torsdag 1 december 2022

ABBA/VOYAGE 006022438614813 (-21) EU


  Not getting in to the "avatar" concert here, this is about the album only. I wasn't the biggest ABBA fan back then, too busy to explore the world of psych, progg and harder rock and they weren't in that. I did like most of their hits though - songs like "Summer Night City", "Super Trouper", "Take Chance On Me", "The Winner Takes It All" and a couple more. So the only band LP I've had in my collection up to now is the UK "The Singles - The First Ten Years"  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2013/01/abbathe-singles-first-ten-years-abba-10.html  and that has been enough for me. Then I listened to the single cuts from this - "I Still Have Faith In You" and "Don't Shut Me Down" - and was strangely touched. It was like getting a fine wine you appeciated as newly bottled, but since been stored and evolved for forty years and now giving a fuller and more mature taste. And that's the message I get from the whole album. Doubtlessly ABBA, but here fully-grown with a bittersweet tone and way more palatable. I'm thinking maybe it moves me because I'm getting older myself (69) so I can relate. Even if the world constantly changes the memories remain and when they clash with today the result can be...bittersweet. Issued on vinyl in EU and US, also CD, cassette and for download, including many "Limited Ed." variations. I can't count them all. Shown here is the EU "ordinary" black vinyl variation, in a glossy stickered fold/out cover including lyric inner, poster and postcard.  (ÄBBÖ*)  (PKÖL*) (SCÄ*)

 

                                                                            
                                                                             
                                                                                 
                                                                            

                                                                            
                                                                           

                                                                                  




                                                                     



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar