fredag 29 september 2023

TIM HARDIN/2 SVLP 6002 (-67) UK

 


Don't remember seeing any Tim Hardin records here when I started to collect LP:s in the late sixties/early seventies. Though early on loved in the US it seems he didn't make the same impact in Europe back then. You could hear cover versions of his most known tunes "If I Were A Carpenter" and "Reason To Believe", but the source remained unknown...at least to me. The only other record from him I've had in my collection till now is "Suite For Susan Moore And Damion"  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2012/04/suite-for-susan-moore-m-63571.html   which I'm still struggling to get into. But this hits me more direct. Not only do I get the original version of IIWAC, the whole thing is just touching. The singer/songwriter tradition at its best. An evenly soothing flow all through, sometimes with a slightly jazzy twist, sometimes with sparse orchestral backing, crowned by that mindful voice. Perfect listening for relaxing after a long hard day. It all stick so well together it's hard to pick favorite tracks, but if I have to - "If I Were A Carpenter" and "Tribute To Hank Williams". 1967 releases in US (FT/S 3022), UK, Canada and Downunder. Later reissued on vinyl and CD all over the world. Japan 2008 limited ed. CD in paper sleeve (Verve Forecast UICY 93400) came with five bonus tracks. First UK (also as mono - VLP 6002) had label as shown here in a laminated flip/back cover. 

                                                                                   
                                                                                    
                                                                                  
                                                                                    

                                                                                





 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar