söndag 3 december 2023

THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE/ ARE YOU EXPERIENCED 612 001 (-67) UK MONO

 

                                                                                       
One of the all time sixties classics which in near mint condition can sell for very big bucks. This isn't even close to such nick, but looks decent and plays ok and I got it for a fair price so it's right up my alley. I've had copies in the past, but never 100% in with the audio on them. Thought they sounded too dense. My favorite mono back then was the Australian black label  https://monolover.blogspot.com/2020/09/jimi-hendrix-experienceare-you.html   and when writing about that I dissed this UK without having had or heard one for twenty years or so. But that was many styluses ago and now I feel I must make amends. Cause today when comparing the two I don't hear much difference at all. There are a couple of small deviances, like the Oz one coming out a bit clearer at parts, but they both sound great. Can't explain why I get this so much better now. Either they used the same matrice for so many vinyls some at the end came out worse, or it's because I'm using a totally different kind of pickup...back then I had some fancy MC one, now I play all monos with a round stylus. In any case I'm very happy to have found a new copy and this one I never let go.  It's been issued and reissued in all possible formats all over the world through the years. In mono, fake stereo and true stereo, some in various sleeve designs and/or with differing tracking. Way too many for me to keep up with. Premiere UK had structured labels as shown here in a laminated cover. (JHÄ*)

                                                                                  
                                                                                     


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar