torsdag 25 januari 2018

THE WHO/TOMMY- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING 2335 093/94 (-75) UK

As a Who fan I'm a little ashamed admitting I've never captured this movie. Heard and read about it of course and very caught in the big hype back then, but for some reason never went and saw it. I guess that would have helped when listening now by reminiscing scenes and thereby making the admittance a lot more favorable. As it is now the only thing I can refer to is the original Tommy album   https://monolover.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-whotommy-613-013014-69-uk.html    and in comparison to that this comes out second hand in so many ways. With all that talent involved and such catchy melodies and interesting libretto spread out over a 2LP set it could have been great all the way. I really want to like it, but the ghost of the 1969 Tommy sits beside me all the way through, hampering the emerging positive feelings. Though setting is fantastic, production elaborate and audio top notch I'm starting to feel I can't do it justice and therefore ought to stop writing and just dismiss the input. However come this far I can as well try to round it up and post, even if it might appear half-assed. The three tracks I like are all on side two - Elton John's version of "Pinball Wizard", Tina Turner's "Acid Queen" and "Cousin Kevin" with tophole vocals by Paul Nicholas. Not much for a double album, but enough for keeps. Premiere UK had label as shown here, matt fold/out cover and picture/lyric/credit inners. (WÖH*) (ZÖNT*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar