lördag 27 januari 2018

ROXY MUSIC/AVALON EGLP 50 (-82/-92) UK

I usually flatter myself as the guy who's always well-read and in control when it comes to finding first press items and discovering rarities, important because I'm not rich and therefore always need to get my money's worth when building the collection, can't afford any waste. But sometimes I'm too keen and get it all wrong, as in this case. Not my favorite Roxy Music album. Though with top production, stunning audio and embracing atmosphere a little too blunt and melodically uneven for my ears. Still good enough and as their last studio effort a must in any Roxy Music collection. Been looking for a UK 1st a very long time, but as you hardly ever see them here I was excited spotting this UK copy in a shop the other day at a good price so I bought it immediately. Then at home I discovered it wasn't even an early press, but one from at least ten years later as it has "Virgin" on bottom label and they didn't take over EG from Polydor until 1992...also the original label is green with different font design...and the rear cover on this has a barcode not appearing on the first press...and the record number is EGLP 50 instedd of the original EGHP 50. Maybe I should have checked it out more before buying. But it's not all bad news. The sleeve is fully laminated, the lyric inner thick and glossy and the audio is stunning. First press or not - it is a beautiful copy providing very good listening. I'm continuing my search for a 1st press, but till (if?) I find one this will certainly be more than sufficiant. (ÄNÖ*)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar